Happy Monday everyone! And if you’re from the North-east, Happy Snow Day! Today I was thinking it would be a great day to de-stress myself and then I realized that I should share my top five favorite ways to relieve stress. My stress comes from my apartment becoming too cluttered, money being tight, issues at work…the list goes on, basically everyday problems most people face. So I hope you can relieve some steam with me as I share my 5 Ways to Relieve Your Stress!
1. Coloring! Okay, so hear me out, I love to coloring whether I’m at work (I work with kids) or I’m at home. Adult coloring books are amazing to grab when I’m snuggled on the couch. Focusing on coloring makes you forget anything else you have been thinking about. The best coloring book I have is this one from Michael’s. It has a bunch of Mandalas varying in size, shape, and pattern so you get something new every time. I’ve made it a goal to color while I’m watching TV instead of mindlessly scrolling through my phone.
2. Talk about it! Talking about my issues has always been something I’ve struggled with. I can face the most minor issue, bottle it up, then let myself over think the outcomes. I’ve learned that if I just talk to someone, whether it’s my parents, husband, best friend, they can help reassure me that everything is okay. Opening up to someone may seem difficult at first, but find someone you trust who will listen to you and help you find the positive side to the situation.
3. Write it out! I’ve always loved writing. I can sit down and write for ages (probably why I love blogging so much), but it doesn’t come as easy for everyone else. Of course I don’t always have an idea to write about or time, so instead I do daily journal prompts. Everyday there is a new question and you simply answer it. The questions vary in difficulty and answer length. Check out the one I found on Pinterest for the month of February! I find that writing about something specific helps take my mind off of whatever has been bothering me.
4. Get comfy. Being comfortable is key to becoming less stressed. After a long day, there’s nothing I look forward to than changing into some sweats! For me, taking off the clothes I’ve been wearing all day is like taking all the stress off my shoulders. Then sitting on the couch with a fuzzy blanket and my favorite show just helps me unwind. When you’re not comfortable, things will bother you more causing you to become more stressed. So take five minutes for yourself to just breath before having to conquer another task.
5. Remind yourself. Like many people my stress feeds into my anxieties. When I’m overwhelmed, my stress and anxieties are getting to me, I stop and tell myself I’m stressing out. This may sound silly, why would you have to tell yourself you’re stressing out? Because you’re human, that’s why! Stress is natural, it’s something everyone deals with and you can’t ignore it. Tell yourself it’ll be okay, take a deep breathe, and handle it. Nothing feels better than just getting through a stressful situations.
So that’s it! I know my ways won’t help everyone, but if they have helped me then I’m sure they’ll help someone else. Let me know in the comments what you do to de-stress! Hope you all have a wonderful week and a Happy Valentine’s Day! Until next time. 💋